Headlight Restoration Kit
Instructions Headlight Restoration Kit
- Wash headlights thoroughly to remove dirt.
- Mask the complete area around the headlight lens with a broad adhesive plastic tape to protect it from any treatment.
B) For matt patches and yellowing:
- Firmly polish the lens to a mirror finish using the QUIXX PLASTIC POLISH, the polishing cloth and the rubber block. Apply more pressure to speed up the polishing process.
- If the lens is in extremely bad condition and did not come clean with just the polish, then proceed to step C.
C) For heavily marred lenses:
- Wet-sand (using water with the paper) the affected headlight area horizontally until the major imperfections are no longer visible using the sanding block with the 2000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Wet-sand the affected headlight area vertically until the smaller imperfections have been removed using the sanding block with the 3000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Wet-sand the affected headlight area horizontally again until the surface is smooth and uniform using the sanding block with the 5000 grit sandpaper and water. Remove residue.
- Finally firmly polish the treated area vertically to a mirror finish using the QUIXX PLASTIC POLISH, the polishing cloth and the rubber block.
- Remove any residue with a wet cloth.
- Remove the masking tape surrounding the lens.
- Seal the restored headlights with QUIXX Headlight Lens Sealer regularly to keep the lenses cleaner and clearer for longer.
Instructions Headlight Lens Sealer
- Clean the headlight lens thoroughly.
- Spray some QUIXX sealer onto the lens and spread it evenly with the enclosed cloth.
- Allow the sealer to dry to a haze (about 5-10 minutes).
- Buff the lens to a high gloss with a clean cloth.
- For maximum protection repeat application every 3 months.